Chase specialized drill in psychological assessment, therapy & other psychosocial and instructional interventions, professional consultation & prevention.
Alumni of the School and Clinical Child Psychology program discover careers working with kids, youths and relatives in school, mental health, private practice and research settings.
- Scholars will attain broad & general acquaintance in core content areas of psychology with the antiquity of psychology, cognitive-affective bases of behaviour, biological bases of behaviour, social bases of behaviour, individual differences, and human development.
- Scholars will demeanor original research to investigate both theoretical & applied questions in psychology.
- Scholars will smear apposite standards of ethical, legal & professional conduct in their delivery of psychological services and in their research.
- Scholars will demeanor psychological valuations of entities who have cognitive, academic, psychosocial, & behavioural difficulties, & develop skilled in formulating & communicating a verdict
- Scholars will develop interactive skills & competencies needed to deliver consulting amenities to schools, mental health agencies, and families.
- Scholars will develop interactive skills & competencies essential to develop, monitor & appraise psychoeducational prevention & intervention programs meant at upgrading learning difficulties.
- Scholars will develop personal skills & competencies required to develop, provide, monitor & appraise psychotherapeutic prevention programs & interventions meant at enriching social & emotional (psychosocial) glitches.
- Scholars will provide well-versed psychological amenities to a ethnically and exclusively diverse populace.
- Scholars will obtain the knowledge & skills to convert leaders in the field of school & clinical child psychology. To this end they will develop skills to administer psychological research & school and clinical practice, & to advocate for policy & systems changes that rally the excellence of life of children, youth, and families.
- Encouraging the patrons they oblige
- Being thoughtful practitioners
- Censoriously analysing theory, research & practice
- Inferring from theory & basic research data tips for developing ground-breaking and effective valuation and interference techniques
- Emerging a high level of capability in oral & in written communiqué