A Nano Degree in Public Health Management (PHM) provides a comprehensive curriculum that prepares students to take on the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Its key concept is to preserve and enhance the health, well-being and life expectancy of human populations by integrating scientific knowledge, practical skills and data research analysis to advance public health. The MPH NanoDegree emphasizes the practical aspects of public health and prepares you for a career in population health and community awareness. Students are able to gain a comprehensive understanding in ethics and in current developments of public health.
Public Health is the scientific discipline of safeguarding and enhancing the well-being of general public by means of education, promotion of healthy ways of life, and extensive study of diseases and injury prevention. Public health experts review the impact on health of genetics, individual choice and the surroundings so as to create plans that safeguard the health of your family and local community.
In general, public health is concerned with safeguarding the overall health of whole populations. These populations can vary in size from a small neighborhood, to as big as an entire nation.
- Inter-disciplinary approach
- Competency driven curriculum
- Linkages with public health practice
- Emphasis on problem solving, case based learning
- Use of innovative pedagogy
- Focus on transformative learning
- To cultivate students’ health management skills so that they will be prepared to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of public health programs and services
- To enhance the capabilities of public health professionals in countries of the South East Asian Region.
- To prepare professionals for challenging careers in public health management in the public and private sectors, non-governmental organizations, as well as national and multinational organizations
- To graduate professionals with the technical and managerial skills who will strengthen the Public Health system
- To train and develop a cadre of competent public health policy makers, managers, practitioners, educators and researchers
- To equip students to have an overall perspective on public health
- To create good programme managers in public health
- To inculcate interdisciplinary approach to problem solving skills in public health
- To encourage interdisciplinary research in public health
- To improve leadership skills in public health.
- To prepare students to tackle current and emerging global public health problems such as pandemic flu, AIDS, bioterrorism, obesity, diabetes, disparities in access to healthcare, and many other critical public health problems.
- To recognize and make the student understand that in today’s world, a thorough and rigorous public health education must embrace multiple areas viz: biostatistics, environmental health, epidemiology, health services administration, social and behavioral sciences, biological sciences, ethics, information technology, health policy and law in health.
- To have an in depth field experience that serves as a capstone project that helps students integrates knowledge across courses.
The Skilled program is of one semesters only. Students must complete 60 credits to graduate.
Applications would be screened based on eligibility criteria. Eligible applicants would then go through a selection process, which includes a written test and an interview
Number of Seats: 20
Tuition Fee: The complete tuition fee for the students admitted in academic year is INR 65,500 per student .
Tuition Fee: The complete tuition fee for the students admitted in academic year is USD 1150 per student.
- Competency based
- Specially designed to develop leadership, communication and problem solving skills (ALE)
- Positioned for true integration of public health science and practice (ALE)
- Additional certifications as per the students’ choices
- Includes 3 practicums and capstone project to give real experience before graduation
- Individualized Goals Analysis of each student
- Global Health
- Maternal & Child Health
- Environmental & Occupational Health
- Health Policy
- Epidemiology– Nutritional Epidemiology, Clinical Research & Ethics, Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Infectious disease
- Maternal and Child Health-Policy and legislations, Demography, Global issues in Maternal & Child Health, Sustainable development goals
- Environmental & Occupational Health-Basics of Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Environmental exposure and toxicity.
- Global Health– Anthropology, Global Public Health in emergencies
- National Health policies and programs
- Biostatistics and Data Management
- Social and Behavioural Sciences in Health
- Health Policy & Management
- Urban Health
- Public Health Nutrition
- Communicable Diseases including Surveillance
- Non Communicable Diseases including Mental Health
- Seminars on Gender, Vulnerable Population, Emerging issues
- Disaster Preparedness & Management
- Monitoring & Evaluation (including RHIS)
- Public Health Ethics and Laws
- Scientific Writing
- Infectious Diseases
Common subjects: (Epidemiology – Basic & Applied), Statistics -Basic and Applied, Research methods, Social and Behavioral sciences, Health economics, Health Services Administration and Management, Monitoring & Evaluation of Public Health programs, Health communication.
- Graduate/Post Graduate degree in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Science, Equivalent degree in Nursing/Allied Health
- MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ Diploma in Public Health
- Students in their Final Year of Graduation for the above courses may also apply.
- Duration: 01 semesters
- Citizenship: Indian nationals can apply under the General Category. Foreign nationals or Non Resident Indians or Indian nationals supported by NRI relatives can apply under the Foreign/NRI Category.
- Qualification: Pass with a Bachelor’s degree in any Health Science discipline from a recognized Institution, with minimum 60 % aggregate marks or equivalent
General Category/Foreign/NRI Category: Candidates will be selected on merit basis and interview. There is no entrance test.
Note: Candidates can apply either under General Category or Foreign/NRI Category. Those submitting applications under both General and Foreign/NRI categories will be considered only under the General Category. Change of category at a later stage will not be entertained under any circumstances.
2. Planning, Evaluation, Policy Analysis
3. Direct Provision of Healthcare Services
5. Consultation Service
7. Heath Education
8. Community Organization
- Executive Director
- Grants Officer, Global Development
- Clinical Research Associate
- Health Policy Analyst
- Hospital Quality Manager
- EIS/CDC Officer
- Evaluation Associate
- Medical Officer
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Resident Physician
- Global Product Strategy Senior Manager
- Opioids Program Manager
A NanoDegree with Distinction will be awarded to those who complete the NanoDegree with a GPA of 6.0 or higher. The NanoDegree can be completed within One semester (Six Months).
- BioMedicine Artifical Intelligence (9)
- Clinical Psychology (12)
- Clinical Research (34)
- Drug discovery and Development (19)
- Global Regulatory affairs (15)
- Human Biology (10)
- Human Genetic and Hereditary disorders (4)
- Public Health (26)
- Stem cell and Gene Therapy (4)
- Tumor and Cancer (8)
- Uncategorized (2)